Vibration Shock and Acoustics to insure the highest of reliability
For over thirty years the PIND Products Group of SPECTRAL DYNAMICS, INC. has given users a simple, reliable, and inexpensive method of Particle Impact Noise Detection (PIND) testing to increase the reliability of electronic components.
Our non-destructive high frequency acoustic test monitors for loose particles moving inside high reliability internal cavity electronic components such as relays, transistors, hybrids, integrated circuits, and switches – particles that have the potential of causing short circuits and serious malfunctions in system operations.
Upon striking the lid of the cavity part of the particle energy is converted to a wide band pressure wave that travels through the lid and is detected by the sensitive ultrasonic sensor to which the device under test is attached.
To keep the particle moving a very accurate shock, generated internal to the shaker and feedback controlled by electronics monitoring the motion of the sensor is employed.
SD 4511 PIND SYSTEM – ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY THAT’S EASY TO USE
Particle Impact Noise Detection
Our SD Model 4511M, featured on the cover, is the most advanced system available today.
Combining sensors that monitor and display the shaker motion with feedback control to correct for any changes in test conditions, the SD PIND test system generates accurate and repeatable test conditions. Its ultra-sensitive, ultrasonic (155 kHz) sensor can detect particles as small as one mil in diameter impacting the package cavity.
The microprocessor technology not only controls the motion but also allows the user to program over twenty steps at the precise “g” level to simulate the whole range of testing requirements.
The operator simply enters the desired amplitude of shock or the amplitude duration and either vibration frequency or cavity height. The SD system then calculates the appropriate frequency and generates the proper shaker motion — automatically.
You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to program and reprogram the 4511 to your own internal routines.
PROGRAMMABLE SOFTWARE FOR MORE VERSATILITY
The PTI system can be tailored to your specific test requirements through the versatility of our specially-designed and thoroughly tested software —With our pre-programmed software (MPP), you can order up to nine pre-programmed sequences in the PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory).,which the system can deliver on demand. There is an optional expansion of this memory to up to 99 pre-programmed sequences.
With the LFP option, the system will automatically reduce the maximum allowable vibration amplitude for low-frequency testing at frequencies as low as 25 Hz for an assortment of relay, hybrid and discreet component testing. And if additional tests are required, we can alter the software to meet your specifications.
UNIQUE FEATURES OFFER CONVENIENCE AND FLEXIBILITY
Whether you’re testing electronic components for cardiac pacemakers, manned spacecraft or undersea cables, you’ll enjoy the convenience and flexibility of the special features which set our system apart from any other PIND test system.
- The SD 4511 system easily exceeds the requirements of all military standards for Particle Impact Noise Detection testing (U.S. MIL-STD-883, 750, 202, 39016D).
- Embedded sensors that monitor and display the actual shaker motion with feedback control to correct for any changes in test conditions, the SD 4511 test system generates accurate and repeatable test conditions.
- The unique SD 4511 PIND shaker creates accurate shock levels by controlling the velocity of the shaker head and correcting for device differences prior to impact.
- The SD 4511 system offers a low profile, low stray magnetic field design that eliminates any need for an expensive special test bench, required for conventional shakers with external shock fixtures.
- The SD Model 4511 system is an all DIGITAL system with no knobs or screws to adjust. It is fully programmable to your own specifications or as required by MIL standards. -allowing the user to enter different g levels, frequencies, a
P.I.N.D. – Ordering Information
WHICH MODEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Each of the six systems consists of a controller, shaker, sensor, STU subsystem, software, monitor scope, cables, consumables, and documentation.
P.I.N.D. – Shock and Vib Article
Particle Impact Noise Detection (PIND) combines vibration, shock, and acoustics for determining reliability of electronic components.